After latest upgrade to 3.3.8, openning new tab or window throws notification about failure to log.
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3.3.8
- OS version: macOS 10.14.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample; Incorrect default behavior
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Update from previous installation (not sure if step is pertinent to reproduction)
- macOS notification pops up when iTerm2 is launched. See what happened screenshot.
- macOS notification pops up when iTerm2 new tab is opened. See what happened screenshot.
What should have happened: Whatever it was trying to do since upgrade from previous version successfully. It seems that there is some new configuration somewhere that is misconfigured that tries to access path that doesn't exist b/c it never existed. Path pointing to iTerm2 directory immediately in home directory also seems a bit wrong, no?