Updates don't reopen shells and tabs after install
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: 3/.3.8beta5 (and previous)
- OS version: 10.13.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Open a couple of iTerm windows (ideally on a secondary monitor), create a couple of tabs in each, cd to different directories within each tab
- Update iTerm2
What happened: all shell windows are closed. on relaunch only one shell window is open containing one tab, current directory $HOME
What should have happened: just like quitting and relaunching, or logging out and logging in, update should save the current history and relaunch reopening that history, restoring the state. Updates are frequent enough that losing one's state is tiresome.
Perhaps instead, adding a "Reopen All Windows and Tabs from Last Session" menu item would solve the problem (and if it exists somewhere I apologize; I couldn't find it).