Search tool contains content entered into other apps' search fields
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.3.7
- OS version: 10.15.3
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window) com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- In the iTerm preferences under Profile > Session check 'Status bar enabled'
- In the status bar configuration add the 'Search Tool' to the status bar
- Close iTerm, open Safari, go to a any page, press CMD+F and enter any search term
- Open iTerm again
What happened: The search term previously entered into the Safari search bar is now visible in the iTerm search tool, it stays there after restarts as well.
What should have happened: The search tool should be empty on startup. It's not a big issue but I find it somewhat irritating / distracting to see random things I searched before appear in the terminal window.