Pasting from clipboard results in strange characters
Thanks for filing an issue! Please answer the questions below so I can help you.
- iTerm2 version:3.3.7
- OS version:10.14.6
- Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist here (drag-drop from finder into this window)
- Attach a debug log, if possible. Instructions at https://iterm2.com/debuglog
- Are you reporting a performance issue, excessive CPU usage, or a hang? Please attach a sample. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/HowToSample
- Are you reporting a crash? Please attach the crash log. Instructions at https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/crash-logs
- Are you reporting excessive memory usage? Please attach a heap analysis: https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/wikis/heapshot
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem: 1.com.googlecode.iterm2.plist 2.Paste from any characters from clipboard 3.
What happened: Extra characters are added to beginning and end of string. For example, pasting 'abc' results in '00~abc01~' in iTerm2. It does not paste like that anywhere else I've tried.
What should have happened: 'abc' should paste as 'abc'.