Consider adding option to globally disable bracketed paste mode
- iTerm2 version: Build 3.1.beta.3
- OS version: 10.12.4
- Attach com.googlecode.iterm2.plist
Detailed steps to reproduce the problem:
- Use ⌘C or whatever to copy some text onto the system clipboard; e.g., the word
- Open vim in iTerm2 and do
- Use ⌘V to paste in the text you copied in earlier. Notice
^[[200~reproduce^[[201~gets pasted instead of
- Next, use ⌥⌘V to paste the text instead. iTerm2 opens the Advanced Paste dialog box.
- Uncheck Bracketed paste mode and press the Paste button. Notice that
reproduceis pasted as expected.
So, it would be nice to have an option to tell iTerm2 to always ignore the escape code requesting that bracketed paste mode be turned on (which I assume vim is sending in this case)—so that I can do a simple ⌘V rather than needing to do ⌥⌘V and a click.
Note that I also raised a related vim issue: https://github.com/vim/vim/issues/1638