iTerm won't "Quit when all windows are closed" if the "Hotkey window" has a dedicated profile
Steps to repro.
Enable iTerm Settings:
- Quit when all windows are closed
- Show/Hide iTerm2 with a system-wide hotkey
- Hotkey toggles a dedicated window with profile (Hotkey Profile)
- Hotkey window hides when focus is lost
Open iTerm. There's a single window.
Move away from iTerm.
Invoke the "hotkey" and the "dedicated" overlay window appears.
Move away from it
Go back to the initial iTerm window, type
exit. The window closes, but the application is still open (doesn't quit) and there's no indication that there is another "hidden" window.
Of course, invoking the "hotkey" and
exit on that session will close the app.
But there should be either:
- A message when the last window closes but there's still the hotkey window to ask to close it
- Some indication that the window is "live" when the rest of the windows are closed
Or some way to avoid this apparent "inconsistency".
iTerm2 version - Build 2.9.20160206
OS version -
ProductName: Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.11.3 BuildVersion: 15D21
Attach ~/Library/Preferences/com.googlecode.iterm2.plist herecom.googlecode.iterm2.plist