CI Decomposition Performance Summary
The purpose of this issue is to compare before and after decomposition in various aspects observed.
This will be extended over time. Each thread represents a single metric observed.
Gathered results are preliminary.
What data shows?
- Main has about 1.666x headroom in terms of CPU/connections (30% to 50%, and 230 to 360)
- Around 1.8x in terms of disk space to pre-decomposition levels (12.7TiB to 22TiB)
- Grows slower than CI at around 300-350GB a 4wks
- Has 5-6x vacuuming capacity (80% to 15%). However, this is non-linear, so depending whether this is a single big table or a few smaller ones this might be a different number.
- CI has about 3x headroom in terms of CPU/connections (15% to 50%, and 160 to 360 connections)
- 2-2.5x in terms of disk space to pre-decomposition levels (9.24TiB to 22.4TiB)
- Grows faster than Main at around 600-700GB a 4wks
- Has 5-6x vacuuming capacity (80% to 15%)