Solution validation: create, Edit, and Delete for Policy Management
What’s this issue all about?
In project > threats monitoring the user may view activity in their environment(s) and policies created. However the ability to create policies directly in the UI is not available.
As a security analyst, I want to be able to view, create, edit, and delete my policies directly in GitLab UI, so that I can keep my policies organized in a more visual way than what is possible in a text-based configuration file.
Who is the target user of the feature?
What questions are you trying to answer?
- Do user navigate to the policies section, when tasked with creating a container network policy?
- Are user able to create a policy?
- When creating a policy, do user understand the conditional statement IU?
- Do user find the text/yml toggle helpful? Why?
- Are users able to apply an alert to a certain policy?
- Are user able to create a policy and corresponding alert?
- Do user know how to edit policies?
- Do users know where policies/alerts are listed?
- Ideally, will conduct joint study in conjunction with alerts management (placeholder UXR issue: #986) about
What hypotheses and/or assumptions do you have?
- The proposed UI will be a great value-add for customers
- The workflow will be the preferred medium to add/edit policies vs adding directly the .yml file
What decisions will you make based on the research findings?
- Inform any revisions needed to: &3403