Solution validation for the Geo node page
What's this issue all about? (Background and context)
Thanks to the previous user research, and ad-hoc user interviews for the past few months, the Geo team has captured some problems on the UI. The team already discussed their concerns on the feasibility and aligned with the concept in gitlab#217958 (closed).
This update only applies to the
Geo nodes(Geo sites) page.
And the following things are the major changes for this update.
- The information hierarchy of the metrics is changed.
- New indicators are added.
- The general layout of the UI has been updated.
What are the overarching goals for the research?
- To validate the design decision of the Geo nodes page.
What hypotheses and/or assumptions do you have?
- The aggregated data of replicated components on the secondary makes more sense compared to the current version.
- The provided indicators make a less number of clicks when users monitoring the sites.
What research questions are you trying to answer?
- Does the new concept of indicators of replication summary would work for users?
- If they would like to have more monitoring data, what else could it be?
What persona, persona segment, or customer type experiences the problem most acutely?
- License: Premium+
- System administrator
What business decisions will be made based on this information?
- First step: Update the design corresponding to users' feedback.
- Second step: Implement the changes (FE and BE).
What, if any, relevant prior research already exists?
Who will be leading the research?
What timescales do you have in mind for the research?