JTBD survey for Monitor:Health
What’s this issue all about?
As part of gitlab#216479 (closed), we generated a primary and secondary JTBD for Monitor:Health. We also generated a list of Job Stories relating to the JTBD.
Now that we have a list of JTBD and Job Stories, we wanted to check in with users to see:
- If the list of JTBD and Job Stories is accurate, or if we've missed out anything important
- If our classification of primary and secondary JTBD is correct or incorrect
- Which of the Job Stories are most important to people actually using these features.
Who is the target user of the feature?
DevOps Engineers, System Admins
What questions are you trying to answer?
- Does our classification of primary and secondary JTBD for alert and incident management correctly align with users'?
- Which of the Job Stories we've generated are most important?
Are we on the right track with our JTBD and Job Stories? Is there anything important we're missing?
How they rate GitLab alert and incident management offerings currently
How will you analyze your findings?
All of the questions ask people to rank the relative importance of the JTBD and Job stories. So we would attach a numerical score to each option (for example, 5 for most important and 0 for least important) and add up how many votes each story receives. The job stories with the most votes will be the ones that are most important to users.
What decisions will you make based on the research findings?
How to prioritize additional work in these areas.
What's the latest milestone that the research will still be useful to you?
N/A - but sooner is good since we're trying to figure out what's most important to tackle next for incident management.