Update docs site for tier renaming and removal
Based on https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/packaging-and-pricing/pricing-handbook/-/issues/294, we need to ensure that all documentation pages reflect the changes as described in https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/technical-writing/-/issues/338.
Note that as of Jan 7, 2021, https://gitlab.com/gitlab-com/packaging-and-pricing/pricing-handbook/-/issues/322 has changed the new tier naming for Standard back to Premium. Also, the release date for this tier name change and EoS for Bronze/Starter is now January 26.
These changes cannot be reflected on docs.gitlab.com or discussed in publicly-available issues or MRs until after January 26, 2021.
Before Jan 26
- Audit Bronze/Starter labeled features/headers to generate a list of items currently associated with those tiers. Issue: #346 (closed)
- Create an unpublished reference page for Bronze/Starter users who have not yet been required to change tiers, to list products previously in Bronze/Starter, but now have a different, higher tier (which they can still access). Issue: #347 (closed)
- Plan and ideate tier badge code changes for docs site, based on new values. Issue: #348 (closed)
After Jan 26
- Update tier badging code to reflect new tier names without changing underlying code. gitlab-docs!1454 (merged)
- Update Style Guide to reflect updates to tier badge codes. gitlab!52631 (merged)
For the product docs associated with each group, the assigned TW will:
- Manually update Bronze/Starter tier items to move into their new product tier.
- Ensure that inline tier references are updated appropriately, based on Style Guide conventions.
- Ensure that self-managed and SaaS are used appropriately for tier naming and product usage.
- Publish Bronze/Starter user reference page. gitlab!52603 (merged)
- Globally replace outdated tier codes with updated tiers within documentation Markdown files. gitlab#300205 (closed)
- Remove outdated tier badge codes.
- Create MR to add Bronze/Starter reference page to global nav (likely in Subscription section of nav).
Be sure to create tracking issues for your work, as needed. Any issues or MR created before January 19, 2021 that describe this work should be marked as private and confidential to GitLab. Be sure to link issues you’ve created for this effort back to this issue.