Create preparation MRs for this version and add the links below:
# In Slack /chatops run prepare 11.7.5
Perform automated cherry picking into the preparation branches:
# In Slack /chatops run cherry_pick 11.7.5
Ensure the CE preparation MR has been fully merged into the EE counterpart
Merge the preparation branches
omnibus-gitlabadd the changes to the stable branches:
- Before the 7th: merge master into the CE stable branch, then merge the CE stable branch into EE.
- After the 7th: cherry-pick remaining merge requests directly into CE stable branch. Then, merge the CE Omnibus stable branch into EE.
Check the following list of critical issues/MRs which are to be included in
11.7.5. Ensure each has made both CE and EE:
Sync stable branches to
11.7.5version using the
# In Slack: /chatops run tag 11.7.5
- This might take a while (around 80 min).
- We only need the EE packages to finish to continue with next steps.
Deploys to production require confirmation from a production team member
before proceeding. Use
/chatops run oncall production in the
#production channel to find who's on call and ping someone. Deploys to
staging or canary can be done at will, just mention it in the
- Inform the oncall in the #production channel about staging deploy
- Check if there are any post-deployment patches that need to be re-applied. If there are, the deployment must be halted and assessed as to the impact of undoing the patches because of the release. To proceed, approval must be given by the manager oncall.
11.7.5to staging.gitlab.com. Note that starting in release 11.6 staging deploys are automatically triggered from the EE omnibus pipeline
# In Slack: /chatops run deploy 11.7.5-ee.0
- Link to deployment job (even failed attempts) =>
Create a "QA Task" issue using the ChatOps command:
# In Slack, replacing LAST_DEPLOYED_VERSION with the appropriate value: /chatops run qa_issue vLAST_DEPLOYED_VERSION..v11.7.5
- Wait for the QA Task deadline to pass
gitlab.com canary VMs
Inform the oncall in the #production channel about canary deploy
11.7.5to canary vms in production
# In Slack: /chatops run deploy 11.7.5-ee.0 --production --canary
Link to deployment job (even failed attempts) => https://ops.gitlab.net/gitlab-com/gl-infra/deployer/pipelines/29351
Confirm that there are no errors on canary
Confirm there are no critical alerts on gitlab.com on the alerting dashboard
Get confirmation from a production team member to deploy to production In
/chatops run oncall productionto find who's on call, and
@mentionthem asking to deploy to production
If someone besides the oncall confirms,
@mentionthe oncall so they are aware.
# In Slack: /chatops run deploy 11.7.5-ee.0 --production
Link to deployment job (even failed attempts) => https://ops.gitlab.net/gitlab-com/gl-infra/deployer/pipelines/29519
Check if there are any post-deployment patches that need to be re-applied. If there are, the deployment must be halted and assessed as to the impact of undoing the patches because of the release. To proceed, approval must be given by the manager oncall.
Publish the packages via ChatOps:
# In Slack: /chatops run publish 11.7.5
11.7.5version on version.gitlab.com
Deploy the blog post
Post a tweet about the
11.7.5release in the
!tweet "GitLab 11.7.5 is now available: [BLOG_POST_URL] [DESCRIPTION_OF_CHANGES]"