Engineering Metrics: Measure cycle time
Identify trends in cycle time by measuring time to review and time from review to merge for all
- MR in review date - when assignment occurs on an MR to a non-author.
- Review to Merge - the time from the first assignment of a non-author to merge
- Create a chart which measures the Mean time to review (MTTR) - https://app.periscopedata.com/app/gitlab/572770/WIP---Development:-Cycle-Time?widget=7470169&udv=906713
Create a chart which measures the Mean time from review to merge - https://app.periscopedata.com/app/gitlab/504639/Development-KPIs?widget=7438019&udv=0
promoted to Development KPIs
- Be able to filter the charts by team
I need cycle time metrics on MRs. We already have full cycle time, but I want to start breaking this up. What I'm currently thinking is the following:
- Time from MR open to MR put up for review
- Time from First put up to MR review to MR merged
This is the two segments of an MR and may have very different results.