Define and setup a 50K reference architecture configuration
Example customer requirements:
- Zero Downtime upgrades
- Scale - 50k users, 170K repos
- Low latency - significant distribution globally
- Stand up an additional reference environment that is a more scaled-out version of the 25K environment.
- Run 1000 RPS (2x the 25k environment RPS, 5x the 10k environment RPS) against this environment and compare the resulting latencies to 10k and 25k results for the same GitLab version.
- Add appropriate nodes as needed to improve latency, retest as required.
- Continue to add nodes and retest until the latencies of this environment under 2x the load is comparable to the 25k environment latencies.
Acceptance criteria for certification (tentative):
- Latencies at 1000 RPS on the 50k environment should be less than 500ms, with the exception of known bugs affecting certain endpoints.
- Endpoints that have known bugs have issues created and fed into the Performance Grooming process.
- Documentation has been added to describe the 50k environment's configuration.