Ensure GitLab.com usage ping payload reaches snowflake (Step 2)
Parent issue: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/telemetry/issues/308
It looks like GitLab.com hasn't successfully sent usage ping since March. Version and usage pings are enabled for gitlab.com:
Investigate where the break is happening
Usage ping data is available in snowflake for gitlab.com
- Ensure usage pings on Gitlab.com are not timing out on Gitlab.com
- Ensure usage ping feature flag is on for Gitlab.com
- Ensure usage pings are enabled (not hardcode disabled) on Gitlab.com
- Ensure usage pings are reaching Versions application
- Ensure usage pings are stored in Version's postgres table
- Ensure Version's postgres table is being ingested into Snowflake
- Ensure we can see usage ping data in Sisense from Snowflake
- Confirm usage ping from GitLab.com is shown in Sisense.
- Confirm usage ping from self-managed is shown in Sisense.