Split based on user persona...
Jobs to Be Done within the Plan Stage for various Personas:
Management of product vision and alignment with strategy.
- Vision (3+ years)
- Strategy (1-3 years)
Facilitation of ideas and requirements
- Requirements Decision making through an understanding of user behavior, data and analytics, priorities and consequences.
- User Behavior
- Data and Analytics (Usage Metrics, Performance, Real ROI, Capacity/Planning, Predictability)
- Priorities (Expected ROI / Rice)
- Consequences (Trade-offs, Likely Outcomes) Definition of features and business capabilities, and handling of backlogs.
- Features (Issue/Epics)
- Business capabilities - How small primitives can be combined into different shapes that represent a given capability.
- Handling of backlogs: Batching work to be done into logical buckets Planning and tracking of releases.
- Aligning multiple projects around a milestone(s) Management of feedback from developers, teams, and users. > Ideas
- Service Desk
Project Managers Collaboration on timelines.
- Making trade-off decisions
- Iron Triangle (Time, Scope, Cost) Communication, negotiation, and updates.
- Communication: Planning meetings, standups, retrospectives
- Negotiation: Collaboration on timelines
- Updates: Report generation Financial, budget resource management
- Time Tracking
- Capacity Management
- Resource Allocation
- Burn Rates
- Target vs. Actuals
Shared Responsibilities: Integration planning and tracking resources.
- Integration Planning: Integrated Business Planning is a process for translating desired business outcomes into financial and operational resource requirements, with the overarching objective of minimizing risk and maximizing profit and / or cash flow Report generation and notifications.
- Report Generation: Higher Level
Support for integration.