Omnibus GitLab documentation
Omnibus is a way to package different services and tools required to run GitLab, so that most of developers can install it without laborious configuration.
- Package downloads page
- Installation Requirements
- GitLab CI Set up the GitLab CI coordinator that ships with Omnibus GitLab package.
- GitLab Mattermost Set up the Mattermost messaging app that ships with Omnibus GitLab package.
- GitLab Prometheus Set up the Prometheus monitoring included in the Omnibus GitLab package.
- Docker Set up the GitLab in Docker container.
- Configuring the external url
- Configuring a relative URL for Gitlab (experimental)
- Storing git data in an alternative directory
- Changing the name of the git user group
- Specify numeric user and group identifiers
- Only start omnibus-gitlab services after a given filesystem is mounted
- Disable user and group account management
- Disable storage directory management
- Configuring Rack attack
- Reply by email
- Environment variables
- Pages (EE-only)
- Upgrade from Community Edition to Enterprise Edition
- Updating to the latest version
- Downgrading to an earlier version
- Upgrading from a non-Omnibus installation to an Omnibus installation using a backup
- Upgrading from non-Omnibus PostgreSQL to an Omnibus installation in-place
- Upgrading from non-Omnibus MySQL to an Omnibus installation (version 6.8+)
- RPM error: 'package is already installed'
- Note about updating from GitLab 6.6 and higher to 7.10 or newer
- Updating from GitLab 6.6.0.pre1 to 6.6.4
- Updating from GitLab CI version prior to 5.4.0 to the latest version
- Hash Sum mismatch when installing packages
- Apt error: 'The requested URL returned error: 403'.
- GitLab is unreachable in my browser.
- GitLab CI shows GitLab login page.
- Emails are not being delivered.
- Reconfigure freezes at ruby_block[supervise_redis_sleep] action run.
- TCP ports for GitLab services are already taken.
- Git SSH access stops working on SELinux-enabled systems.
- Postgres error 'FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory'.
- Reconfigure complains about the GLIBC version.
- Reconfigure fails to create the git user.
- Failed to modify kernel parameters with sysctl.
- I am unable to install omnibus-gitlab without root access.
- gitlab-rake assets:precompile fails with 'Permission denied'.
- 'Short read or OOM loading DB' error.
- 'pg_dump: aborting because of server version mismatch'
- 'Errno::ENOMEM: Cannot allocate memory' during backup or upgrade
- NGINX error: 'could not build server_names_hash'
- Reconfigure fails due to "'root' cannot chown" with NFS root_squash