Related to Wishlist:
Software to ship in the Omnibus packages
Lita or another chat-ops bot
I started working on adding Hubot in the omnibus package. I'm opening the MR here to gather some feedback on the actual choice.
WHy Hubot ?
- Hubot was written for Github by Github and is widely used since then.
- It has a very active community and many users
- Is supported by many third-party softwares
- There are many adapters and scripts available
- It already has a mattermost adapter among others (hipchat, slack, IRC, ...)
- It uses nodejs which is already installed by the omnibus package
- It has a built-in webserver/API (powered by express) to handle webhook and other things
- Writing scripts/adapters is easy
The cons (versus Lita) are mainly around the technology it uses which is a bit unrelated to Gitlab: Hubot needs nodejs, an updated version of NPM and CoffeScript.
I got the service up and running on my local environment but had some problem building the omnibus package so I can't fully test-it ATM (any help would be appreciated):
Let me know if this choice is OK for you so I can continue working on it :)