Default to PostgreSQL 12 in Omnibus
In 13.6 we will make PG12 the default version for new installs and upgrades.
- For new installs of Omnibus GitLab, PostgreSQL 12 is used by default
- Users can opt to use PostgreSQL 11 during a new install
- During upgrades, the database is automatically upgraded to PostgreSQL 12 (from 11)
- During upgrades, users have the option to stay on PostgreSQL 11
- During upgrades, if a user opts to stay on PG11 they see a deprecation notice warning that PostgreSQL 12 will become the minimum required version in GitLab 14.0
- Installs with Geo may need to be excluded from auto upgrades due to some manual steps that are required. See #5233 (closed) for context.
Issue used when defaulting to PG 11: #5092 (closed)