Hard to find other user in @Mention typeahead/autocomplete
Created by: raineorshine
- I searched existing issues, but apologies if I missed an existing thread.
I am finding that the typeahead/autocomplete for @mentions is not very helpful on iPhone. Here is the scenario that happens all too frequently for me:
- I am chatting with someone on Gitter desktop and we are @'ing each other back and forth.
- I switch to my phone and attempt to continue the conversation.
- When I want to reply to them, I see only their real name, not their username, so I do not know who to mention.
- I start by typing @. Why not immediately show the last person that has mentioned me, the last person how has spoken, or the last person I have mentioned?
- I type @ followed by the first letter of their username. Why not show sort the typeahead results here by one of the criteria above? As it is, I see a list of unrelated users who happen to have the same starting letter, and then the results are cut off so I cannot even scroll down to find the user I want to mention.
Currently the best solution I have is to scroll up to where I have @mentioned them from my Desktop to remind myself of their username. I think adding slightly more intelligence to the typeahead as suggested in webapp#4 (closed) and webapp#5 (closed) above would really help iOS users.