Build functions locally using a runtime
Before someone deploys a function to a serverless platform, it is necessary to write and debug it locally.
gitlabktl func build usable locally to build functions using Docker Engine.
gitlabktl func / serverless / app buildgets invoked we check if Kaniko executor binary is present.
- If Kaniko is present, then we just build images the old way
- If Kaniko is not present we check if Docker Engine is available
- If Docker Engine is available we build images and tag them with a registry tag (if available)
- We add
* buildcommands to make it possible to specify a desired behavior instead of doing auto-detect and Docker Engine fallback.
- Document in detail how to build functions locally using
Why it is needed?
See discussions in gitlab-org/quality/triage-serverless!2 (merged)