Resolve "High rate of config.lock file errors on Geo testbed"
What does this MR do?
Restores the use of a fixed remote name for Geo repository/wiki synchronization
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
Reverts a change added in https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/merge_requests/3396
Why was this MR needed?
We run the sync process for every repository, and every time a repository is updated. We also limit the concurrency of these updates so we can't run two against the same repository in parallel.
If we use a temporary remote name, it has to be removed after use. This happens in a separate sidekiq job and seems to be causing problems on the Geo testbed.
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together
- Internationalization required/considered
- If paid feature, have we considered GitLab.com plan and how it works for groups and is there a design for promoting it to users who aren't on the correct plan
End-to-end tests pass (
package-qamanual pipeline job)
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Closes #4693 (closed)