Geo: read-only safeguards was not working on Secondary node
What does this MR do?
Gitlab::Database.read_only? in EE. Old code was trying to use
extend to patch existing code, but the way it was done was not working as expected, see explanation here: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/3876#note_45127903
Are there points in the code the reviewer needs to double check?
Why was this MR needed?
Regression introduced in %10.1 breaking read-only safeguards for Geo secondary node.
Screenshots (if relevant)
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry added, if necessary
- Documentation created/updated
- API support added
- Tests added for this feature/bug
- Has been reviewed by UX
- Has been reviewed by Frontend
- Has been reviewed by Backend
- Has been reviewed by Database
- Conform by the merge request performance guides
- Conform by the style guides
- Squashed related commits together
What are the relevant issue numbers?
Closes #3876 (closed)