Resolve "Make open user registration setting more prominent to admins"
What does this MR do?
- Adjust the ordering of the collapsible sections in Application Settings page, so "Sign-up restrictions" is the first section.
- Present the "Sign-up restrictions" section expanded on viewing the settings page, so an admin can see all of the options.
- If we use helper text with checkboxes, add to the label for the "Sign-up enabled" option:
- Describe this setting in our documentation.
- Adds a new page in the documentation about "Securing your GitLab installation"
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- Changelog entry
- Documentation created/updated or follow-up review issue created
- Code review guidelines
- Merge request performance guidelines
- Style guides
- Database guides
- Separation of EE specific content
Availability and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
- Tested in all supported browsers
If this MR contains changes to processing or storing of credentials or tokens, authorization and authentication methods and other items described in the security review guidelines:
Label as security and @ mention
- The MR includes necessary changes to maintain consistency between UI, API, email, or other methods
- Security reports checked/validated by a reviewer from the AppSec team