Resolve "Renaming in the Web IDE causes file changes to be lost"
What does this MR do?
- Updates the mechanics of the re-naming entries in Web IDE. Instead of creating a new temp entry, we update existing entry preserving the original attributes for eventual discarding in the future
- Resolves the main problem when changes made to a re-named file were lost after commit
- Cleans file object attributes to get rid of those that we previously used for renaming but don't need anymore
- Introduces new visual pattern for presenting re-named entries on the Commit view (see the screenshot in the Issue)
Also in this MR, even though not directly related to it:
- fixing the performance of
openBranchaction to re-use existing information instead of re-fetching it all the time
- a couple of new utilities (
ide/stores/utils) for WebIDE
What doesn't this MR do?
Syntax highlighting after re-naming doesn't reflect the new extension. Relevant Issue.UPDATE: Merged into this MR.
- Discarding changes on re-named entries. Relevant Issue.
When in a folder, renaming both an item within the folder and the folder itself is broken. Relevant Issue.UPDATE: This scenario has been fixed in this MR
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
Performance and Testing
- Review and add/update tests for this feature/bug. Consider all test levels. See the Test Planning Process.
Resolves #31058 (closed)