Export issues to CSV
EE follow up from https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/merge_requests/6683
What does this MR do?
Adds a Download CSV button to a project's issue index.
The CSV will be emailed from a background job after confirmation via modal dialog.
Why was this MR needed?
Users wanted a way to easily share lists of issues outside of gitlab.
Examples included handing out paper copies in meetings and emailing a selection of issues.
Screenshots (if relevant)
- Consider including related data. E.g. Author name instead of id.
- Obey currently applied filters
- Ensure any relational data is joined beforehand
- Basic profiling.
- Check performance with staging data for more production-like timings
- Frontend modal dialog includes number of issues
- Button and dialog match mockups on mobile
- Test excel, openoffice, apple numbers and google sheets for compatibility
- Date format should be compatible with excel
- Background job sends CSV as email
- Email copy and styling
I'll create issues/MRs for the following improvements:
- Ability to download CSV immediately in the foreground when the number of issues is small
- Ability to export all issues for a group as in https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/471
Does this MR meet the acceptance criteria?
- CHANGELOG entry added
- Documentation created/updated
API support added
- Added for this feature/bug
What are the relevant issue numbers?
- Closes #1480 (closed)
- Also related to gitlab-org/gitlab-ce#4196, gitlab-org/gitlab-ce#5747 and https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/471