Track changes in merge request approval settings in the audit log
Problem to solve
Tracking changes in merge request approval settings in the audit log
Client proposed change in Zendesk ticket: https://gitlab.zendesk.com/agent/tickets/103355 (Internal use only)
They asked if the audit logs could address changes to required approvers (how many, enabled/disabled).
Audit logs will contain information on changes in merge request approval settings such as how many approvers and if they are enabled/disabled.
We should also track all project settings changes, including those in "Merge request settings". These include:
- Changing the merge method strategy for a project
- Changing the default MR template
- Changing settings:
- Merge request approvals
- Only allow merge requests to be merged if the pipeline succeeds
- Only allow merge requests to be merged if all discussions are resolved
- Automatically resolve merge request diff discussions when they become outdated
- Show link to create/view merge request when pushing from the command line