Pin (star) boards you care about
- The issue board dropdown can potentially have a long list of boards.
- This feature would allow you to pin boards you care about to the top of the navigation dropdown to make them easy to access.
- The pinned/starred boards would be at the top of the navigation dropdown, in alphabetical order, followed by the rest, also in alphabetical order.
- The pinning is per group/project and per user. So each user gets their own set of pinned boards in the UI. This in contrast with https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/7304, where the default board is the same for everyone.
- This should be designed together with https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/7304
- This feature would at least partially address the problem in https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/40298.