UI/UX too bright, not aligned and effects are killing me as we need improvements on Gitlab CE/EE
Completely purge the UI/UX and redesign from scratch. OR, improve the design
- Give more colors and shadows (inset) to buttons
- Make links hoverable with color "not underline".
- Make consistent and reusable CSS namings and usages.
- Remove ugly and unnecessary paddings and margins from lists, dropdowns and div areas.
- Remove ugly navbar hover effect.
- Remove transition effect (slow). Seriously, It makes my remote desktop connection harder.
- Make an aligned, not too round but a few (3?) pixels border-radius on labels. They are ugly as hell and looks not aligned and not well.
- Remove duplicate buttons. We have 2 buttons in some cases that does the same job in same page.
- Make buttons single type-multi color. Not 1236154650 different buttons style with millions of colors variations. Currently we have this.
- Seriously. GitLab is too bright. Make it more colorful.
- Objects that have border-radius are too much rounded. Make them less rounded. Seriously.
- Update: Texts are too bright. Make them closer to
I have an 2 eyes with -12 degree, color blind, extra sensitive light issue and night blind. Every time I work with GitLab you guys are torturing me. Every time I see a GitLab update I say "I hope they fixed this time", well, you make harder and harder....
Why in this planet that someone make cancel and submit buttons with the same background color (white)?! Give at least a different icon each...
Many objects are not properly aligned to its parent. Either padding-top is more than padding-bottom or vice-versa. Dropdowns hover bg is almost white. You gave a gray that almost invisible on certain led monitors. I feel like im not hovering anything on some cases.
Transition effects slows down RDP connection horribly. Those transitions are from 90's. At least provide an option like "disable animations". That will do too.
Currently I've created a CSS patch that applied from browser extension.I can't spend too much to make it perfect.