Code Review Analytics: Discovery
Problem to solve
From our research spike in 12.5, Code Review Analytics was voted as a top priority for both GitLab and customer Engineering Directors.
Engineering directors are looking for better ways to improve code review in their teams and need additional data, insights and recommendations to inform their decision-making process.
We would like to use this issue to ideate around the best way to tackle this MVC.
- Gabe (GitLab Engineering Director)
- Dani (Customer Engineering Director)
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Collaborate with Create:Source Code team
- Define Jobs to be done we wish to tackle
- Design a prototype MVC mockup in 12.6
- Test with GitLab directors & managers
- Build & dog food within internal team
- Gather customer feedback
Permissions and Security
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- A plan going forward for solution validation around Code Review Analytics MVC
- An MVC which spurs users to provide feedback and ideas