Filter cycle analytics by labels
When trying to understand cycle analytics in a large project, like GitLab CE, where there are numerous teams and products working in the same monolithic project numbers are much less meaningful because the efforts of individual teams cannot be measured.
For example being able to filter by a team (e.g. Platform) or a project (e.g. Geo) would allow me to determine if improvements to planning, or changes to practice regarding pull request size were improving metrics Code and Review metrics.
The proposal is to add smart filters to the Cycle Analytics page so users can filter the statistics by label.
- Add a search bar with smart filter capabilities to the top of the page.
- Change the placeholder for the filter bar to 'Filter data…'
- The current dropdown that allows users to change the timeframe (Last 7/30/90 days) is moved from the Recent Activity panel to the filtering bar.
- Add a 'Cycle Analytics' header above the filtering bar.
- Change the table header to 'Recent project activity'.
When the user clicks on the filtering bar, only one option for
label:~label comes up. After the user selects it or types in the appropriate format, they are presented with a list of labels from the project. After selecting one, the token is completed and the user can click the magnifying glass button or hit Enter to perform the search.
Just like on issues and Merge Requests, it should be possible to filter by more than one label, which would act as a boolean
Links / references
What is it? Why should someone use this feature? What is the underlying (business) problem? How do you use this feature?
Who is this for? Provide one or more use cases.
Make sure these are completed before closing the issue, with a link to the relevant commit.