Issue/Epic: Add ability to edit health status in sidebar
Problem to solve
As a User of Epics and Issues,
I need to be able to understand the current health status of work I am following,
So I can respond to delays, problems, and reassign the proper resources.
Review gitlab-com/Product#593 for internal use case and context.
- No selection
- Editing status
- Selected status
- Tooltip hover (status explanation)
Health Status = Traditionally represented in other tools in the market as Green/Yellow/Red
- Allow a user to set an Issue's "health" as Green ($green-500), Yellow ($orange-500), or Red ($red-500 - on track, needs attention, or at risk)
- Allow Editing of Risk Status from Sidebar
Display these health values in the Epic Tree view as a colored dot on an issue's row
Aggregate a combined view of health on the Epic row in Tree view (# of red's, yellow, and greens?)
Future Iteration Considerations
Risk Status Automation
- We should investigate any opportunity to enable automated risk statuses leveraging data in GitLab like assigned milestone dates, weight completed, time tracking, etc
- Possibly provide the ability to set custom rules for automating transitions into each risk stage
High Level Risk Reporting
- We should investigate the best way to surface/report risk at a Project and Group level, aggregating risk status from multiple epics and presenting it in a single view.
Questions asked during Problem Validation:
- How are users currently tracking Health Status of work?
- Via comments or updates to description
- What are the pros/cons of those approaches^?
- Major cons are the inability to quantify health up a chain of hierarchy or view it anywhere else in the tool
- How do users expect to view and analyze Health Status over many issues and epics?
- General consensus is at the Epic Level they'd like to see an aggregate health metric and see each issue's health displayed within the Epic Tree view