Make it possible to add a new license rule from the license list
Problem to solve
For each Project there is a License List - we want the person in charge of compliance to quickly and easily be able to add company policies for licenses that are not yet part of the project. We want to enable this from the license list as they may be on that area when they decide they need to add the license rule.
- Compliance Role wants to be able to review licenses in existing projects and indicate if they are compliance with company policy or not. They also would like to easily and proactively add licenses that are not yet in the project, but that they by policy would like to prevent from being added to the project.
- Add a button to "add license" to the policy tab of the license list
- clicking the button inserts a form to add a license to the top of the list
- entering all the data enables the add button, which when clicked saves the policy and then hides and clears the form
- cancel is always available, and closes/hides the form and clears its data
Permissions and Security
- not logged in - can not see button or follow on actions
- User has at least developer access - can not see button or follow on actions
- maintainer - can see button and follow on actions
Update docs https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/application_security/license_compliance/#project-policies-for-license-compliance with additional way to add
- unit test on NOT seeing as non developer (not logged in, logged in but not dev)
- unit test not seeing as non dev
- unit test can add as maintainer
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
We are striving to make the person in charge of compliances job direct and with the least amount of manual work or busy work (copy paste). This should make it simpler to interact with all licenses in the project to be able to see their state, and quickly update or add as needed.