Delete branch images on merge
- Developers have an easy option for removing branch images that are not useful to keep around.
- Add a check box to the MR screen that will allow users to "delete all branch images upon merge"
Permissions and Security
- Developers and above can choose to remove images on merge
- We are currently working to improve the performance of the image removal process, and since this will likely have many images to remove when first implemented, we should ensure that the performance meets our standards.
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Success looks like we can help our customers and ourselves lower the cost of storage for the Container Registry.
- We can measure this for gitlab.com (once we can run garbage collection) by looking at the overall cost of storage.
- We can also measure the total number of images over time and we should see a significant decrease in the that number and then see it level off over time.