If the first deploy to an environment failed, consider a "Retry deploy" button
There is a normally a
Re-deploy button to run the deploy job for an environment.
However if the very first deployment to an environment fails, the environment screen simply show 'No deployments yet'
Consider showing a "Retry deploy" button to retry the failed deployment.
As a user, I want to be able to manually retry the deploy from the environments overview when the first deployment to an environment fails, so I can quickly process it again.
- Environments page: If a deployment to an environment fails, user should see an option to manually retry it.
- Instead of No deployments yet, user should see the
The deployment did not succeedhelper text.
- An option (button) to re-deploy to environment should be available.
- Clicking the option to re-deploy triggers a confirmation modal similar to:
- The modal body should read: This action will relaunch the job for commit commit_id, returning the environment to this version. Are you sure you want to continue?
cancelcloses the modal, no action should be taken by the system.
re-deploycloses the modal. A new job is triggered.
- A loading state is displayed while the system feches for the updated data.
re-deploybutton should be replaced with a
cancelbutton. see reference
- The job information should be displayed on the table, as well as with the commit info.
Yes, this change will require documentation updates.