Refactor the Container Registry docs
Problem to solve
The GitLab Container Registry allows users to build, publish and share Docker images using the Docker client or GitLab CI/CD. GitLab also provides an API for viewing and deleting images from the registry.
Because there are many different ways to interact with the Container Registry, the documentation is spread out in multiple locations. This can make it difficult for users to find the documentation they are looking for and results in issues being created/triaged which could have been resolved if the user discovered the documentation.
The Container Registry docs need some
- Move the CI build section over to the Container Registry docs !23901 (merged)
- Mention (or move over) the garbage collection https://docs.gitlab.com/omnibus/maintenance/README.html#container-registry-garbage-collection !24058 (merged)
- Add an authentication section. If you have 2FA you have to use a personal access token and we don't mention that at all! Not even in https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/profile/account/two_factor_authentication.html#personal-access-tokens
- Link to the API docs, and how to delete images https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/api/container_registry.html !27622 (merged)
- Add job example to delete an image !27622 (merged)
This is part of the JTBD OKR gitlab-design#568