Links inside file blobs and file editor are not clickable
Problem to solve
Links inside file blobs and file editor are not clickable. This creates additional friction for the user when setting up GitLab-ci when using templates that include links.
This problem has been surfaced through the baseline experience recommendations effort of 2019 Q2: gitlab-design#518
The documentation help link also requires me to copy and paste is manual, which seems inefficient.
- Make links clickable in read-only and web edit experience.
- On read-only they open up in the same tab
- Within the editor experience, they open up in another tab
- Recognizing links should be relatively rudimentary with
httpsto start off with
- This should work regardless of code formatting/highlighting
- Upon hover, they should get underline styling