Open issues based on Sentry alerts
Problem to solve
We should be able to open an issue based on alerts from Sentry, to facilitate triage and speed response.
We could either contribute improvements to the GitLab integration within Sentry, or build support for service hooks: https://docs.sentry.io/api/projects/post-project-service-hooks/
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Devon (DevOps Engineer)
- Sidney (Systems Administrator)
This work supports the Error Tracking Vision.
This could be achieved in a few different ways:
- Send alert of error to alert endpoint and automatically open an issue
- Add a button (Create Issue) to the error in the table of errors in a project that allows users to create an issue
Issues will have a summary section at the top that details important attributes. We could choose to embed the stack trace.