Display user availability
Quote from: #1001 (closed)
One thing to look out for is user availability. I will be writing an external script for this in the mean time that I hope to link with a company calendar to bar users that are shown as unavailable that day/week/month. This will not be a good idea for the final implementation of this feature so we may need to build "availability" into GitLab. This could be as simple as GH's 'available for hire' checkbox.
This week I had it happen to me that I assigned my deliverable for review to somebody only to find out a few days later that he was unavailable for the whole week. It would be nice to show this within GitLab when assigning or mentioning somebody.
I think, this feature makes mostly sense for larger companies. Therefore I made it an EE issue.
available/unavailableflag in profile settings
- add API endpoint to set flag
This user is currently not available. Are you sure you want to assign?when assigning a merge request or issue
- allow settings a date range in profile settings for unavailability
- also display availability when mentioning somebody
- allow restricting visibility of own availability to certain groups / users
- integrate with Google Calendar
- send notification (todo / email) when somebody you assigned a merge request / issue to, turns unavailable
1. Why should someone use it; what's the underlying problem.
Things are assigned to people who are not available while deadlines could be met when assigning to somebody else.
2. What is the solution.
Set and display availability of users in GitLab.
3. How does someone use this
Set availability in user profile or via API (allows automation by other tools).