Disable deleting issues and merge requests instance wide
- Currently in GitLab you can delete issues and merge request.
- Since we already have this feature, we cannot take it away.
- So in this new change:
- By default, you should not be able to delete an issue.
- By default, you should not be able to delete a merge request.
- There are two configurable toggles at the instance level:
- Allow / disallow deleting issues.
- Allow / disallow deleting merge requests.
- In enterprise organizations, we want to track everything.
- In most regular use cases (large and small organizations), there's really no reason to delete issues. The GitLab UX and workflows work perfectly fine without issues and merge requests being deleted. So that's why by default, we should not allow deleting issues and merge requests.