"Push to remote repository" does not work reliably (and can't find logs for debugging)
After setting up "Push to a remote repository" and ensuring that connectivity works, and that sync works the first time, subsequent pushes into the repository are not mirrored/updated on the remote site. The "settings/repository" page shows "Successfully updated X minutes ago.", but the remote repo does not reflect the changes that are in the gitlab repo.
Steps to reproduce
- Create a gitlab repo as mytestrepo.git
- Create a test bare repo on a remote host, at ~/repos/mytestrepo.git
- Set up a "Push to remote repository" with an SSH endpoint, such as ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/~/repos/mytestrepo.git
- Copy gitlab key over to the remote host (from /var/opt/gitlab/.ssh/id_rsa.pub)
- Push a change into the gitlab mytestrepo.git
- Check the commit: (gitlab)$ git rev-parse master
- Check status of "Push to remote repository" - note that it says "Successfully update 1 minute ago".
- Check remote repository commit: (remote-repo)$ git rev-parse master
- Click the "update" button on the gitlab "Push to remote repository" section.
- Refresh the page
- Note that the page says "Successfully updated N seconds ago"
- Check remote repo and notice that repo has still not been updated
What is the current bug behavior?
"Push to remote repository" does not
What is the expected correct behavior?
The remote repository should be updated with the last commit on the gitlab repo.
Relevant logs and/or screenshots
gitlab-ctl tail logs don't indicate anything about the push-to-remote-repository. Is there a different log that should be checked? Is there any log for indicating the status of the Push to Remote Repository?
Results of GitLab environment info
Expand for output related to GitLab environment info
System information System: Ubuntu 18.04 Current User: git Using RVM: no Ruby Version: 2.4.4p296 Gem Version: 2.7.6 Bundler Version:1.16.2 Rake Version: 12.3.1 Redis Version: 3.2.11 Git Version: 2.17.1 Sidekiq Version:5.1.3 Go Version: unknown
GitLab information Version: 11.0.2 Revision: d9540ee Directory: /opt/gitlab/embedded/service/gitlab-rails DB Adapter: postgresql URL: https://gitlab.in.mydomain.com HTTP Clone URL: https://gitlab.in.mydomain.com/some-group/some-project.git SSH Clone URL: email@example.com:some-group/some-project.git Using LDAP: no Using Omniauth: no
GitLab Shell Version: 7.1.4 Repository storage paths:
- default: /var/opt/gitlab/git-data/repositories
- silo: /mnt/reposbackup/git-data/repositories Hooks: /opt/gitlab/embedded/service/gitlab-shell/hooks Git: /opt/gitlab/embedded/bin/git
None at present.