Create dark application theme
Description including problem, use cases, benefits, and/or goals
I really enjoy Gitlab as a whole, but there is one thing that nearly outrages me, though it it is nothing crucial at all:
There is no completely dark application theme.
I am not talking about the syntax highlighting theme, which is fine. But I really crave for a theme, where the main whitespace is dark and not only the navigation bar.
Create one or more application themes that are mainly dark.
I am mainly thinking about a self hosted Gitlab CE instance. And I think the setting should be configurable on a per user basis.
- The future is dark
- Friends don't let friends implement dark mode alone
- Google Material Dark Theme guidelines
- Designing a Dark Theme for OLED iPhones
- Dark Mode Support in WebKit
- Why we prefer CSS Custom Properties to SASS variables
- Designing dark mode
- Building darkmode into a complex webapp - clubhouse