CI View for JUnit-style XML (origin issue)
Problem to solve
The user needs a way to more efficiently digest JUnit-style XML information so that they can find out why tests fail quicker.
GitLab CI/CD shows job log information, so you can dig into why tests fail, but it requires humans reading a bunch of text. Most languages/frameworks are able to output JUnit XML (or xUnit, NUnit, PHPUnit, etc.)
Implement a specific CI View (gitlab-ce#35379) for handling this kind of reports natively.
For this specific view, we should consider if we can force
always, so we can get failed tests results as well.
A test summary CI view which displays the following data for each failed test:
- Test class
- Test case name
- Test status
- Test run time
- Stacktrace (containing failure type and failure message)
- System Out
- System error
This JUnit XML epic &187 (closed) contains the priority of iterations for the CI view.
- Display the first time this job failed gitlab-ce#46613
- We can determine which tests fail, not just which jobs (when a job runs many tests)
- => We can display better summary information of failures
- We can determine time taken for each test individually
- => We can graph/analyze test durations over time
- => We can use test duration to balance parallel jobs
Permissions and Security
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
Links / references
Hi, just wondering if there is a way for me to view the junit report in a nicer way, similar to eclipse junit report?
This is my gitlab-ci.yml:
maven-build: script: - export DISPLAY=:99 - /etc/init.d/xvfb start - mvn clean package - /etc/init.d/xvfb stop - rm /var/log/Xvfb/Xvfb_std.log - rm /var/log/Xvfb/Xvfb_error.log - rm -rf /var/log/selenium/Xvfb.pid
Currently, if a build failed, I have to click on the build and check the logs. I'd like to have a webpage displays the junit result similar to eclipse .