OR for Events in Cycle Analytics
Problem to solve
In Cycle Analytics one of the stages has a multi-part definition; the Issue stage is defined as "the time from Issue creation to the first comment or MR creation". Often users might also want to define a stage based on 2 events, for example: 1) an issue is added to a milestone OR a board 2) an MR for an issue is closed OR the label 'in QA' is added (AND, ex: 3) an issue has been mentioned in a commit and an MR is created, will be considered in the next milestones)
Follow up on: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/12196
EMs, Directors, PMs
Permissions and Security
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
What is the type of buyer?
Links / references
|Step 1||Step 2||Step 3|
- We always show the 'Add another start event' link at the bottom of the Start event(s) table
- We only show the 'Add another stop event' link once at least one start event has been added (at the same time we hide the 'Please select a start event first' message below the stop event dropdown
- I recommend we use segmented control for the object types as it'll slightly improve the usability
- the user should be able to add
as manyup to 2 start/stop events without filling in the actual data. They can do that after they added the number of events they need
- the user can delete all start/stop events but the first one. A browser-native alert for confirming the delete action should be enough for now.
EDIT 2019-09-13 by @djensen: Changed spec to limit conditions to 2 events per #12883/#note_216847092 EDIT 2019-09-17 by @djensen: Described the default definition of the Issue stage in the "Problem to Solve".