RICE-like scoring system
It would be great to have some support for a scoring system which PM's could use to help drive planning and prioritize issues.
This could be manually set initially, but later on could be automatically computed at least partially with integrations like SFDC: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/688. This could provide some of the Impact scoring, based on customer interest.
By having a field and specific functionality, it would accomplish two things:
- Encourage best practices by having better support for adding RICE-like prioritization to our project management framework, including automating some of the components (like effort, which we already have a field for)
- Enable additional features, like sorting by this field, which would be a nice quality of life improvement to the product for PM's
Currently many PM's, like those at GitLab, have to do inconvenient workarounds such as:
- Maintain a separate spreadsheet of issues/epics with RICE scoring
- Use different emojis to signify interest
- Go by other indicators like thumbs up, which is not as robust