[Feature flag] elastic: Enable "start indexing" button
The web interface for indexing is hidden behind a feature flag. Now the indexing functionality is stable, we can remove the feature flag and make the interface available to public.
Also related https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/issues/64074
- Team: group::editor
- Most appropriate slack channel to reach out to:
- Best individual to reach out to: @toupeira
What are we expecting to happen?
- For gitlab.com: not much, we don't plan to use it in the near future
- For self-managed instances: admins will start using the button
What might happen if this goes wrong?
If the admins don't read the docs, they might miss that they have to manually create the ES index through a Rake task.
This is being discussed at https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ee/issues/13717
What can we monitor to detect problems with this?
- For gitlab.com:
- For self-managed instances:
- user reports through ZenDesk or GitLab
Roll Out Steps
- Enable on staging
- Test on staging
- Ensure that documentation has been updated → https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab-ce/merge_requests/31972
- [-] Enable on GitLab.com for individual groups/projects listed above and verify behaviour
- [-] Announce on the issue an estimated time this will be enabled on GitLab.com
- [-] Enable on GitLab.com by running chatops command in
- [-] Cross post chatops slack command to
#support_gitlab-comand in your team channel
- Announce on the issue that the flag has been enabled
- Remove feature flag and add changelog entry
After the flag removal is deployed, clean up the feature flag by running chatops command in