Document how to use Vault Agent
Problem to solve
Users leveraging Vault Agent might want to use Vault Agent (https://www.vaultproject.io/docs/agent/index.html) for caching, auto-authentication, and configuration templates.
- Delaney (Development Team Lead)
- Sasha (Software Developer)
- Devon (DevOps Engineer)
- Sidney (Systems Administrator)
- Vault has feature richness for users that are interested in advanced secrets management functionality within GitLab this can be managed using Vault Agent for:
- Investigate the Vault Agent functionality
- Research integration capability within GitLab
- Document any supported functionality
- Create issues for instrumentation of functionality that requires development effort for a user to leverage Vault Agent
Permissions and Security
- Vault Agent Permissions should follow the access permissions for the data that is being access/requested
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- We should see an increase in regulated/security minded users
What is the type of buyer?
Links / references
- Auto Auth - https://www.vaultproject.io/docs/agent/autoauth/index.html
- Vault Agent - https://www.vaultproject.io/docs/agent/index.html