Decouple Webhooks from Integrations within Project > Settings
Even though Webhooks are closely related to (or can even be seen as) an Integration, there are some differences in how they work, are configured and can potentially scale across the application's instance, group, sub-group, and project.
Currently, at the Project level, Webhooks are nested under Settings > Integrations. When navigating to this view, the first thing a user sees are Webhooks and then Project Services (which are actually the "Integrations") We already have an issue to update the nomenclature here: (39129) but the order in which the functions are presented can be confusing.
Overall, the current Integrations view is lacking hierarchy and focus. There are a lot of actions a user can take and there isn't a clear flow or path to follow.
When thinking about how Integrations and Webhooks will scale across an Instance, Groups, and or Projects, it seems like treating them as separate items will allow us to better modularize their functions and ideally make configuring them simpler for our customers moving forward. Learn more about this on epic: Mass-integration at a Group and Instance Level
Create a separate view and route for Webhooks under Settings.
|New Integrations view||New Webhooks view|
Alternative option to updating the route
Other services that treat Webhooks separately from Integrations
- Validate concept of decoupling Webhooks from Integrations with Internal DevOps engineers with a potential survey. Research request issue is: #601
- Attach survey results to this issue
- Create design mock ups for new Webhooks view under Project > Settings > Webhooks
- Collect feedback on updated designs from Ecosystem
- Collect feedback on updated designs from the UX team
- Create MR and close Issue