Move GitLab CI/CD External Repos (GitHub + BitBucket) from Premium to Starter
Problem to solve
GitHub customers are not going to pay for Premium just for GitLab CI/CD feature.
- Existing GitHub customers using Jenkins or Circle CI just want GitLab CI/CD but don't want to pay for Premium.
- GitLab Premium Price: $228/user is a similar price as GitHub enterprise.
- Need a way to encourage GitHub customers to use GitLab. Why not leverage our leading GitLab CI/CD as the trojan horse. Encourage moving from GH/BB to GitLab Code Repo, Issues, App Security, and more.
- GitLab CI/CD is very sticky part of our product and encourages users to use more and add more value of GitLab.
Use Cases: CI/CD for extenral repos.
- Take out competition Code Repos(GitHub, BitBucket)
- CI/CDJenkins and CircleCI. Great example of our
Goals: Grow our customer user base and revenue.
Move GitLab CI/CD for external repos(GitHub and BitBucket) down to Starter
Permissions and Security
What does success look like, and how can we measure that?
- Increased Sales Revenue
- Competitive Takeout
What is the type of buyer?
Manager, Director, Executive Starter
Links / references