Update version text for approval rules
What does this MR do?
When looking into some old feature flags, I noticed this old one using a non-standard note. I verified with the Create/Source Code team that the feature flag is in fact removed, as a result we don't need the feature flag section anymore, but I added it in as a version text note for people using old versions (>12.0).
At the same time, I noticed the badge introduced in !37215 (merged) is
**(CORE ONLY)**, but I believe this is wrong since this feature isn't self-managed only, but is also available on .com, so we don't need any badge at all (it's available in all cases). I added another version note up in the H1 header as a result, as well, to reflect that the feature as a whole is now available in all tiers (paid features already have the correct badges).
- Related to !37215 (merged)
- Related to #1979 (closed)
- Related to #10684 (closed)
- Related to #10685 (closed)
- Related to #232754
Author's checklist (required)
- Follow the Documentation Guidelines and Style Guide.
- If you have
developeraccess or higher (for example, GitLab team members or Core Team members)
Apply the documentation label, plus:
- The corresponding DevOps stage and group label, if applicable.
development guidelines when changing docs under
development guidelines and Documentation guidelines when changing docs under
- development guidelines and Description templates (.gitlab/*) when creating/updating issue and MR description templates.
- Assign the designated Technical Writer.
- Apply the documentation label, plus:
- Update the permissions table.
- Link docs to and from the higher-level index page, plus other related docs where helpful.
- Add GitLab's version history note(s).
- Add the product tier badge.
- Add/update the feature flag section.
If you're changing document headings, search
ee/app/views/*for old headings replacing with the new ones to avoid broken anchors.
1. Primary Reviewer
- Review by a code reviewer or other selected colleague to confirm accuracy, clarity, and completeness. This can be skipped for minor fixes without substantive content changes.
2. Technical Writer
- Technical writer review. If not requested for this MR, must be scheduled post-merge. To request for this MR, assign the writer listed for the applicable DevOps stage.
- Review by assigned maintainer, who can always request/require the above reviews. Maintainer's review can occur before or after a technical writer review.
- Ensure a release milestone is set.
- If there has not been a technical writer review, create an issue for one using the Doc Review template.